Many marketers will tell you content is king, but I believe content is core. Effective marketing is impossible without great content, and that’s why content should be at the core of any – and every – marketing strategy.
Consider the following types of marketing:
- Social media: Content strategy comes first, and social media amplifies it.
- SEO: Search engine algorithms favor websites with high quality, unique and consistent content.
- PR: Successful PR strategies address issues readers care about, not their business.
- PPC: For PPC to work, you need great content behind it.
- Inbound marketing: Content is key to driving inbound traffic and leads.
It takes a long time to build a relationship with an audience, especially when thousands of messages bombard consumers every day. To cut through the clutter, brands must ask themselves two questions:
- Who is your specific audience?
- What differentiated story can you tell that will resonate with your audience?
If you’re ready to take your content strategy from average to exceptional, let’s get to work!